[okfn-discuss] Goodbye Aaron Swartz – and Long Live Your Legacy

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 14 18:41:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just to let you know I've recently posted a piece in remembrance of Aaron
> Swartz on the OKFN blog:
>

> http://blog.okfn.org/2013/01/14/goodbye-aaron-swartz-and-long-live-your-legacy/

Thank you very much for this. I'm glad you knew him. I didn't and I have to
know him through other people. Like you.

For me the guerrilla manifesto expresses his anger at the present system
and the necessity to change it. We all know that throughout history
progress has often been made by actions that are formally illegal. People
who are ahead-of-their-time often fall foul of laws and I suspect this is
true here.

I hope to blog something and your material is critical.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics