[okfn-discuss] German Open Government Data Study in CC, should we do an English translation?

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Fri Jun 7 11:20:39 UTC 2013

Dear Augusto,

with all the respect for Prof von Lucke and Fraunhofer FOKUS, particular the chapter about Open Government Data Licenses is not a very good piece of work. In fact is promotes a strategy for the German government for licensing that has be strongly criticised by the local open data community. The result is a license [1] that is not compliant with the open definition. So I wonder why we should translate it. There are much better work on the subject out there.

my2ct
Daniel

1. http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-March/000383.html

--
Daniel Dietrich
Open Data evangelist; Open Knowledge Foundation

www.ddie.me
twitter.com/ddie
+49 176 327 685 30
+49 30 57703666 0