[okfn-discuss] Awesome event! Building Our Autonomy: Autonets Convergence Toronto

Kẏra kxra at freeculture.org
Fri Nov 8 21:56:34 UTC 2013

This event looks amazing! https://www.facebook.com/events/207939576042480/
(I was unable to find a non-facebook event page)

[image: Cover Photo]<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202171708399103&set=oa.513976052029393&type=1>

Autonets Convergence aims to brings together hackers, anti-racist coders,
gender hackers, gender changers, dancers, movement makers, poets,
performers, media makers, anti-violence, transformative justice and prison
abolitionist activists by giving them a space to share their knowledge and
their skills in order to help stop violence against queer and trans*
people, people of color, disabled people, two-spirit people, sex workers
and women.

Engaging in discussion with the local community members based in Toronto as
well as with the community at UofT about the kinds of violence we face
daily, we will collectively work towards creative community-based responses
to end violence, creating experiences and skills which at the end of the
workshop we can take back to our own communities. The goal is to seed a
movement of creative free/libre/open source technologies in concert with
non-digital, community based solutions, to end gendered, racialized, sexual
and ableist violence.

More information at http://autonets.org/

Workshop organized by micha cárdenas. micha is an artist, hackctivist,
poet, performer, student, and educator, mixed-race trans femme latina
survivor who works at the intersection of movement, technology and
politics.

http://michacardenas.org/

Venue is wheelchair accessible, please do not wear chemical scents to
create accessibility for those with chemical injury

--
Board of Directors, Free Culture Foundation: www.freeculture.org
Campaigns Organizer, Free Software Foundation: www.fsf.org

Blog: http://kxra.info  -  StatusNet Microblog: http://identi.ca/kxra