[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge tagline

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Thu May 8 15:02:43 UTC 2014

Addendum: I should clarify something that relates a lot to communication… I
thought about it for a moment and realized that I would not have bothered
responding or re-emphasizing my dislike for the tag-line if the message had
been simply "we're still working to come up with a replacement, please
help" and that was that. I would have seen the continued presence of the
current tag-line as a totally passive situation: retained purely by nobody
taking action to change it yet. It was the positive assertion of *deciding*
to keep it in the interim that changed that and made me feel like
responding.

I think being conscious of the distinction there is a big deal and it
reflects a lot of people's concerns. The feeling is different when
decisions are made pro-actively. In other words, the decision process and
communication here are major issues. It isn't merely the specific wording
or content.

Thanks,
Aaron

--