[okfn-discuss] [od-discuss] Open Definition 2.0?

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 03:06:11 UTC 2014

Just to clarify on everyone's posting and my part in this:

I do not think there is *anything* wrong at all with the updated
definition. We all worked to get a great result and it has *no *effect on
the significance, i.e. it doesn't change what is or isn't open, it only
works to make it more clear.

Furthermore, I only complained about the posting to the community because I
think we need a protocol that just generally announces things to the main
community list in a way that is clearly *not* anything final, i.e. I think
the internal OD discuss group should decide only to go announce the
progress to the main group and not unilaterally decide that the definition
is final. I just think that step needs to be part of the process.

That said, I don't think anyone would have any objections and there's
probably no need for that process in this case, it's just always a good way
to go, especially after the poor (and still unresolved) issue of rolling
out the data-centric tag-line.

Best,
Aaron

--