[okfn-help] Simile timeline and other ajaxy stuff for microfacts

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Oct 17 19:33:04 BST 2007

Dear Nick (and everyone else),

I'd be interested in any suggestions for ajaxy type stuff we can use for
   doing the user interface for microfacts [1]. Core needs are
displaying temporal and geographic dimensions of data (plus probably
some way for displaying multiple strands/narratives at once).

As a start I've been playing around with the simile timeline widget to
work out how we can post JSON to it:

http://rufuspollock.org/code/timeline/

Immediate next steps could/would be to:

   * mock up a backend domain model to provide a bit of data
   * Customize the look and feel of the timeline. For example I've been
wondering (but haven't yet worked out) whether it is possible to display
the timeline vertically rather than horizontally

~rufus

[1]: http://okfn.org/wiki/incubator/microfacts/