[okfn-help] ckan svn email alerts

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Mon Feb 11 15:06:20 GMT 2008

Rufus Pollock wrote:
> John Bywater wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> What's involved with getting email on CKAN SVN commits (like KForge
>> and Domain Model)??
>
> We did this for kforge using rss2email and pulling svn commit info.
> However I'm not sure I'd want to have them sent here as it might
> 'flood' the list a little. Possible options:
>
> 1. Create a dedicated commit/trac updates mailing list (either for
> ckan or for OKFN projects more widely)
>
> 2. Just subscribe to the feeds with your favourite rss reader (there's
> a built-in one in thunderbird I believe).

I guess this is the thing to do here??

> This question also leads onto the more general question of how to
> effectively aggregative project activity in one place, see this todo
> item for more info:
>
> <http://okfn.org/wiki/TodoList/Aggregate_OKFN_project_activity_information>

Cool. Great to see the internal process continues to be worked on.

It may be most effective to write out the user stories for these
concerns. In particular, we've been trying to do this here for
cross-project cost/benefit analysis, and for rapid iteration planning:

http://desire.appropriatesoftware.net/products/11/

Whilst I don't think it's any more than a beginning, and not definitive
in any way, "working up" such stories (between us all) is perhaps the
only way to keep things sane.

Best wishes,

John.

--