[okfn-help] Revamping opendefinition.org

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Dec 18 19:19:17 GMT 2009

Hi Daniel,

I've set you up an account at the new opendefinition staging site
(please change password ASAP!).

Rufus's code to convert from MoinMoin syntax to Markdown is at:

  http://rufuspollock.org/code/bin/moin2mkd.py

The Markdown syntax documentation is at:

  http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

Regarding what to do next, I think the first thing is to migrate the
main existing site content.

Then, optionally, we can:

  (i) Migrate past news items to main OKF blog, backdated and
syndicate relevant items from blog.okfn.org.
  (ii) Add additional material such as some of the tables from this
report: http://www.co-ment.net/text/1612/

I think top priority is to think about how we can communicate what the
project is about, why it exists as well as guidance about making
content/data open. Also we want to do a push to promote the open
knowledge/content/data buttons...

Perhaps we can do basics - then ping okfn-discuss for input about how
we can improve this - and better explain what its all about?

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation