[okfn-help] Move of pad.okfn.org to okfnpad.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jun 29 21:32:49 BST 2010

On 29 June 2010 21:19, Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich at pudo.org> wrote:
> Hey Rufus,
>
> you're right - our communication on this was pretty sensational,

BTW: please don't let me discourage you (or others) from just going
and "doing stuff". It's important people feel free just to get on with
stuff without asking all the time. It's just here I suddenly noticed
the domain re-writing and actually got worried we'd been hacked ;)

BTW, why the move? Looking at it I assumed it was so you could have
subdomains with the team feature (is this part of the pro edition?).
If so, this looks like a pretty neat improvement so thanks for doing
this -- your efforts are as ever pretty awesome :)

> especially considering the use of "okfn" in the domain name. As far as
> I know, the domain is now held by ODN/OKFN-DE's registrar (so there is
> some institutional reliability there) and moving it at this moment
> would be financially disadvantageous - so I propose Daniel and you can
> fix this in a year, when the current payment period is up?

Sounds good.

> I currently hold 'ckan.de' which I registered for testing puroposes a
> while back. This now points to de.ckan.net and if you would like to
> hold it, I'd be glad to transfer. Otherwise, I've set it to auto-renew
> as a minor contribution to that project ;-)

We can leave as is for the time being :)

Rufus

--
Open Knowledge Foundation