[okfn-help] Software Club Proposal #1 (Draft #1) WAS: KForge community development

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 18 19:52:43 UTC 2009

I think this is nice but if we are, e.g., thinking of writing to
people on kforge-user I think we want a pretty simple 1 para intro
explaining what's going on with the detail as further reading below
the fold. For example:

<quote>
For the last 4 years the costs of developing KForge have been borne
Open Knowledge Foundation in association with the ASF.

In order to support the development of KForge into the future we are
now creating a KForge "software club" as a mechanism for sharing the
costs of development and guiding that process. (We should emphasize
that KForge will, of course, remain open-source software.)

[might then include some of the sharing section here ...]

Please take a look at the club proposal outlined below and let us know
what you think.
</quote>

Regards,

Rufus