[okfn-help] Help! Front page of The Public Domain Review is broken!

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Dec 7 13:08:07 UTC 2011

Okay we've now resolved this.

Daniel (or someone else) upgraded the 'meetup' - which caused most of
the Wordpress sites to break, even where it wasn't enabled. Elf zapped
the plugin and now everything is back to normal.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY:

*Please* don't upgrade anything on the multisite unless:

  * You ping okfn-help to say what you are doing first - even with
relatively small upgrades/changes
  * You check that people who know how to fix things are on hand to
help if something goes wrong - especially if you aren't going to be
around
  * You are prepared for everything to break

And after an upgrade:

  * You check sites to see that everything is normal

J.