[okfn-help] SIMPLE QUESTION: Gmail aliases

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Mon Dec 19 10:06:25 UTC 2011

Hi Sam,

There are two things you have to do to correctly alias an email account.

1) Click on the cog type symbol in the top right corner (options) > mail
settings > accounts and imports. This is how you feed messages from one
address into the gmail inbox, and I guess you did this already.

2) Click on your email address in the top right-hand corner > account
settings > edit email addresses, and add your okfn.org address. That was
the step I forgot when I was setting up my account, and could be where
you're going wrong. If you've done that already though, I'm afraid I can't
help.

Any good?
Laura

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Simple question:
>
> I thought I had aliased my @okfn account to my okfn.sam.leon at gmail.comaddress. However, today it seemed that I couldn't confirm events I was
> invited to under the sam.leon at okfn.org address.
>
> How do I check if these accounts are correctly linked?

> Sam Leon
> Community Coordinator
> Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://okfn.org/