[okfn-help] free software for teleconferencing, etc.

William Waites ww at styx.org
Sat Jul 9 09:44:48 UTC 2011

* [2011-07-08 14:32:17 -0400] Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> écrit:

]      - Why don't you put out a call saying "help! we're a good
] 	 NGO forced to use proprietary software against our will
] 	 can somebody who knows about these things help us?"
]
] The FSF uses free software to do teleconferencing.  If they want
] advice, we can give it to them.  Please tell them about our offer.
] You can CC me too.

Thank you very much for the offer. Forwarding it to the okfn-help list
where this is being discussed (have added you to the sender whitelist
as well so if you reply it will go to the list without you having to
subscribe).

] Is it important to them to have you in the teleconference?
] Or are you just one of thousands of people they invite to
] participate.

I am or have been a core developer on several OKF projects so quite
important. Since this was paid work the choice is basically between
proprietary software and the ability to pay rent and feed my family
which is not, in my opinion, a position that an organisation like OKF
should be putting its workers, friends and collaborators in.

Cheers,
-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>