[okfn-help] okfn.org - problems with sign-up

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jul 13 19:34:13 UTC 2011

On 13 July 2011 16:22, Robert Harm <robert.harm at open3.at> wrote:
> Login doesnt work for me either - perhaps the problem has to do with
> the settings home url and site url which can be found under Settings /
> General.
> Your blog seems to be running on http://blog.ckan.org, but when
> accessing login page, the url is
> http://okfn.org/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fokfn.org
> When changing this login url to
> http://blog.okfn.org/wp-login.php?redirect_to= I get logged in and
> redirected to the dashboard - nethertheless, when accessing
> blog.okfn.org afterwards I still doent seem to be logged in (as I have
> to enter email and adress on comment fields again).

Hmmm. That does not happen to me (i.e. i can login by visiting
http://blog.okfn.org/wp-admin -- and to login to http://okfn.org via
http://okfn.org/wp-admin). I do know that we have super-tough caching
on http://blog.okfn.org/ ...

In order to assist you in any debugging I have made you a
network-admin so you should now be able to give yourself admin access
to all sites

@Daneil: if you would like access too please let me know. I suggest we
also organize a brief 0.5h irc sysadmin meetup where we can try and
sort this out (early next week ...)

> When opening http://blog.okfn.org my browser (Firefox) also freezes
> for about 5 seconds. I didnt find out what causes this, I also ran a
> speed test

This has been reported several times but we haven't been able to track
down the js bug ...

> (http://www.webpagetest.org/result/110713_VW_11RZW/1/details/) but it
> didnt get any clues - perhaps it is just me having this problem...
>
> @Rufus: ad W3TotalCache - I will make a trac entry later...

Thanks.

Rufus