[okfn-help] Sysadmin sessions on IRC

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jul 18 15:46:52 UTC 2011

On 18 July 2011 16:18, Adam McGreggor <adam at amyl.org.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 03:48:54PM +0100, Lucy Chambers wrote:
>> I'm writing to suggest that the weekly Tuesday meeting on IRC become a
>> 'Community & Infrastructure meeting'.
>>
>> * Allow community members to get in touch with suggestions, to say
>> that things are broken and be given access to the things they need to
>> be able to do stuff.
>
> If that actually happens, then it won't be a waste of my time, having
> previously offered to do stuff, and some saying go for it, then not
> getting creds/access.

Sorry if you've offered to fix stuff and then not been able to. My
understanding (perhaps incorrect) of previous contributions was that
they were really useful suggestions re. e.g. mailman but not offers to
go in and fix stuff. Apologies for misconstruing this and we'd be
delighted to have assistance if you had the spare cycles.

>> * Have OKF tech-minded people (of which I will hopefully soon be one)
>> online in one place to put ideas into action (e.g. regarding
>> WordPress, how mailman looks, the dashboard etc.)
>
> Is IRC necessarily the right place for that?

I think it is IRC + skype.

>> What do others think?
>
> If things actually get done, fine. If not, then it could be a complete
> waste of time, as well as further irking those who've offered to help.

OK :-)

Rufus