[okfn-help] Sysadmin sessions on IRC

Adam McGreggor adam at amyl.org.uk
Tue Jul 19 20:38:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 04:46:52PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Sorry if you've offered to fix stuff and then not been able to. My
> understanding (perhaps incorrect) of previous contributions was that
> they were really useful suggestions re. e.g. mailman but not offers to
> go in and fix stuff.

I can do stuff as easy as detailing how others might, in most cases.

> Apologies for misconstruing this and we'd be
> delighted to have assistance if you had the spare cycles.

For things I care about, I can usually make time at Some Point.

"... it was not appropriate for the jury to make a statistical evaluation
 of separate items of evidence by applying mathematical formulae such as the
 Bayes Theorem, as such an exercise would encroach upon the jury's task of
 weighing up all the evidence together."
    (R v. Adams)