[okfn-it] Fwd: [OpenGLAM] New copyright rules for Europe? What do memory institutions want?

Stefano Costa steko a iosa.it
Gio 19 Dic 2013 15:59:46 UTC

Molto in tema con le proposte degli ultimi giorni.

Ciao
steko

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: [OpenGLAM] New copyright rules for Europe? What do memory
institutions want?
Data: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:55:38 +0100
Mittente: Paul Keller <pk a kl.nl>
A: open-glam a lists.okfn.org

hi all,
as you will probably know the EU commission has launched a public
consultation on the review of the EU copyright rules (see:
http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2013/copyright-rules/index_en.htm)
two weeks ago. This consultation provides a unique opportunity for
memory institutions to make their voice heard and to demand reform of
the copyright rules that hinder them in making their collections
available online. I have written up a summary blogpost for the Europeana
Pro blog: http://pro.europeana.eu/pro-blog/-/blogs/1998658

Undoubtably many of you are already aware of this consultation (and
hopefully working on responses) but i would ask you to help sitributing
this within your networks so that we can get as many memory institutions
as possible to respond to the consultation. As you can see at the end of
the post europeana is working on a response that should become available
end of janury and there will also be an answering guide/model response
specifically for memory institutions as part of a coordination effort
led by copyright for creativity. If you are interested to contribute to
either of these, please feel free to get back to me.
all the best,
Paul