[okfn-labs] Netiquette Guidelines (was Data Package (datapackage.json) validator improvements)

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Tue Aug 26 15:28:35 UTC 2014

howdy,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:48:52AM -0400, Tom Morris wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Thomas Levine <_ at thomaslevine.com> wrote:
>
> My interpretation was that he was publicly chiding Alioune, not for
> excessive quoting, for sending a message which, he felt, was inappropriate

the initial mail contained a multiple violations of the recommendations in
rfc1855.

> to send to the entire list -- in the process, violating the very same
> guideline that we was attempting to enforce.

actually i was hesitating whether to send it in private or not. the general
lack of understanding of general online behaviour however prompted me to send
a public reply. we are all suffering from email overload, with simple actions
we can reduce that.

> I thought it was kind of obnoxious myself and would hope that the okfn-labs
> list would be a friendlier place than that.

sorry if someone took my low-snr style as inappropriate.

cheers,s

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt