[okfn-za] Open Data on CO2 Emissions

Justin Arenstein justinarenstein at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 15:13:26 UTC 2013

Yip, the RoD & mitigation plans attached to EIAs would be great material
for hacktavists to create easy to use apps for ordinary citizens to check
on compliance, to confirm their rights, & to lodge complaints / alerts
where necessary.

I know that fracking is sexy & gets lots of media airplay, but EIAs are
something that touch every single one of us -- we just aren't usually aware
of EIA applications in our neighbourhoods, because they're buried in the
classified & legal pgs of newspapers, & who reads those (not even most
journos do). So, simple geo-synced mobile apps / SMS alerts that alert
users when a new EIA is lodged in their neighbourhood, or lodged on
thematic issues they're interested in (GM crops, etc) would allow citizens
to build both geo-based group interest lobbys + thematic interest lobbys.

Justin Arenstein*
*
SA Mobile: +27.82.374.0812
US Mobile: +1.650.336.5878
Skype: JustinArenstein
Twitter: JustinArenstein <http://twitter.com/justinarenstein>
Web: http://www.linkedin.com/in/JustinArenstein

*PGP Key Fingerprint: **8B19 3C53 2B40 453B F48D 9D7A 7346 A3AE DB88 30CD*
*Do you want to email me confidentially? See: **http://bit.ly/VLJt1N*
*
*
*