[okfn-za] Open data in South Africa

Adi Eyal adi at code4sa.org
Tue Nov 19 03:41:49 UTC 2013

Hi Arthur

On 18 November 2013 15:52, Arthur Attwell <arthur at arthurattwell.com> wrote:
> Hi Adi
>
> Do textbooks and past exam papers count as information in this context? If
> you reckon Paperight counts an access-to-info project, I'd be very happy to
> share details with you on how we're doing.

I love the work that you do, not only what, but also how you do it.
Low-tech distribution of books is an amazing insight, especially so
because it's a business model and not charity.

Do you think that your copyshop network would be the right vehicle to
distribute other types of information products? How about a first aid
booklet, or a pamphlet on services available in your neighbourhood?

> My natural inclination is to cheerlead for Paperight, but I'd happily share
> the failures we've notched up along the way, I usually just need a beer to
> get me going ;)

I have lots of questions - I'll contact you off-list.

Adi