[okfn-za] Geological Data

Greg Kempe greg at kempe.net
Wed Feb 12 06:53:29 UTC 2014

Hi Martin,

I can understand them charging fees for printed maps (since each item is not cheap to produce), but I agree that the actual data should be more freely available in digital form.

My suggestion would be to file a PAIA request for a subset of the data you’re looking for and see what happens.

The Human Rights Commission has lots of information on the PAIA  http://www.sahrc.org.za/home/index.php?ipkContentID=25&ipkMenuID=45 and the Council for Geoscience lists all their contact points at http://www.geoscience.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1578&Itemid=153.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Kempe