[okfn-za] Open Contracting Standard Launched (Jerome)

mtb at martinb.za.net mtb at martinb.za.net
Thu Nov 20 13:51:12 UTC 2014

I think that what you are talking about goes to the whole core of the
debate around open data. Governments are in power, true, but they are
put there (in South Africa's case) by a democratic election. If enough
people want to find out more, then government will be pressured to do
so. So it comes down to finding out what people want to know about
government, and then making them aware of what information is available.

Or am I being overly naive in assuming that this is part of the major
hurdle. Obviously there are numerous other considerations as well....

mtb