[okfn-za] Open Data Evaluation of Government Departments

Karl Fischer kmf at fischer.org.za
Fri Sep 12 08:00:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Francois van Schalkwyk
<francois at compressdsl.com> wrote:

> Hi Karl
>

> When I interviewed DHET they had never heard of the MIOS. They kept referring to StatSA’s SASQAF as their “gold standard”.
>
> Also, the latest of version (Revision 5.0 of Nov 2011) of the MIOS that I could track down (with much effort) was yet to be signed by the relevant minister.
>

> DHET and DST are starting to talk to one another so there might be some interesting developments in the near future.

MIOS 4 is in play and approved :)
Page 2 of the Doc cleary says what is supposed to happen.

StatsSA must adhere to gov policy, their standard is for them and not
interoperability between citizens and other gov departments.

DST is dead in the water.