[okfn-za] Data Wrangler Wanted

Adi Eyal adi at code4sa.org
Wed Apr 29 21:18:08 UTC 2015

Hi All

Code for South Africa has a contract position for a data wrangler to
liberate data for social good. The role will involve working closely
with a range of civic organisations to identify interesting data
sources that can be cleaned and prepared for consumption as open data.
You will also be writing blog posts and presenting interesting stories
you have found using infographics and other visualisations.

Requirements
-------------------

- Self-confessed data junkie
- Hands-on experience with data processing
- Proficient using data management or statistical tools (e.g. Excel,
R, Stata, etc)
- Able to explore datasets and identify interesting anecdotes and stories
- Able to develop data visualisations
- Writing skills
- Member of the open data community (preferred)
- Self-motivated

Start Date: June 2015

Salary: In line with experience and market related

To apply, contact jobs at code4sa.org with a CV and whatever other
information you think helps you stand out from the crowd.

About Code for South Africa
--------------------------------------
Code for South Africa is a non-profit civic technology lab. We use
data and technology to promote informed decision-making for social
good. Our base of operations is Codebridge in Claremont where we are
helping to create a civic technology movement.

--
Adi Eyal
Director

phone: +27 78 014 2469
skype: adieyalcas
linkedin: http://za.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Adi/Eyal
web: http://www.code4sa.org
twitter: @soapsudtycoon

Follow us on twitter at @code4sa
For more information on how to participate in the open data community
in South Africa, go to: http://www.code4sa.org/#community
Sign up for Naked Data, our weekly round-up of what's happening
locally and internationally in data journalism and data visualisation.
Register here: http://www.code4sa.org/newsletter