[okfn-za] Space Apps Challenge in South Africa

Hein Bekker netbek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:46:49 UTC 2016

Hello again,

Following up on this briefly - mostly for the benefit of anyone in Cape
Town. The deadline for signing up to host an event is February 24. If
you would like to plug into a hive of cross-disciplinary makers, modders
and hackers, then I suggest attending the next Modern Alchemists meetup
on Wednesday, January 27 at 27 Caledon Street, Cape Town [1][2]. I've
started a thread on their Facebook group about this [3]. They seem to be
interested in organising an event, and I suspect would be open to
collaboration with developers, technologists, and others. Please feel
free to add your thoughts, if you do Facebook.

Here's hoping for imaginative applications of NASA's open data that
inspire the next generation of openness crusaders! Squid robots, data
viz, food printers, "ice fishing" on Europa, and more. Hack the planet!

[1] https://www.facebook.com/events/1098854110138680
[2]
http://www.meetup.com/KAT-O-KickAssTech-Obviously-a-k-a-ArduinoCapeTown/events/227311905
[3]