[Open-access] Introduction

Tom Olijhoek tom.olijhoek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:35:33 UTC 2012

Thank you Iryna for the introduction

Dear Donalla, Nalalia, Jochen,

What I would like to ask you and the OpenAire group of the EU, is if you
see possibilities for cooperation with us on developing an open access
index for scientific fields.
The index will be a figure for the amount of open access in a field
for malaria we find for example 30.7 % open access using the BOAI
definition for open access.
Furthermore we have an indexed list of journals publishing open access
malaria papers, which can be an incentive for scientists to publish and for
publishers to go (more) open access and for policy makers to monitor open
access in scientific publishing.
We will publish our Malaria Open Access Index later this year, and would
like to develop the concept further in cooperation with other parties and
with adequate funding
Please let us know your position in this

regards

Tom Olijhoek
coordinator @ccess initiative at OKFN