[Open-access] Wellcome's new Open Access policy very welcome

Douglas Carnall dougie.carnall at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:32:12 UTC 2012

To Craig Brierley, Media Relations Manager, Wellcome Trust

Dear Craig,

Please regard this as fan mail: no need to reply.

I cheered, yes CHEERED, when I read this:

"despite our open access policy having been in place for over five
years, still almost half of these publications remain restricted
behind subscription paywalls. This is simply unacceptable, and so with
immediate effect we will be tightening up enforcement of our policy."

[http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/News/Media-office/Press-releases/2012/WTVM055745.htm]

Bravo! Hats off! Lang may yer lum reek! And other encomia ad lib...

D.

--
Douglas Carnall
dougie.carnall at gmail.com