[Open-access] Elsevier 'sponsored article'

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Fri Mar 2 07:16:34 UTC 2012

Very interesting.  The notion of "freely available to all on Science
Direct only for all time" suggests (again) that they really haven't
thought this through, as it implies a commitment to keep SD going
*forever* -- something they are really not in a position to do.

It would *great* if someone paid the $3000, put a copy of the PDF on
the open web, and then got a takedown notice.  Almost worth spending
the money just to provoke such a ludicrous scenario!

I'd like to post this information on SV-POW!, as a followup to these posts:
http://svpow.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/what-actually-is-elseviers-open-access-licence/
http://svpow.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/what-have-we-learned-about-elseviers-open-access-licence/
Can you please put me in touch with Dr. Roberts?

-- Mike,