[Open-access] If open access, then libre open access. If libre open access, then CC BY!

François Boulogne fboulogne at sciunto.org
Sun May 27 18:20:18 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am also convinced of the great importance of licences and I think it
does not have the place it deserves in discussions/debates.
I claimed similar positions to yours in a french working group (At
April, www.april.org).

Instead of using the term "open acess", I rather prefer to speak about
FLOA, short for Free Libre Open Access; like FLOSS.
Sementics, as underlined by Richard Stallman, is crucial in debates and
probably the source of future traps or misunderstanding. For instance,
companies might use the word Open Source whereas it does not refer to a
Free Software.
I am waiting the day an article will be published in png and it will be
claimed to be in "open access".

Klaus, you do not discuss about copyleft. I am currently unable to give
an answer on it. Do you think CC BY SA is acceptable. If not, why
copyleft is for you a problem?

About Open Source vs Free Software.
* http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html

Regards,