[Open-access] Skype meetings @ccess

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Fri Nov 30 15:55:35 UTC 2012

Hi Tom

Apologies for not attending @ccess meetings for quite a while, I find it
difficult to Skype during working hours. As Velichka said, I hope you don't
feel too discouraged, your work in organising the calls is very much
appreciated and attendance has been very low or non-existent at
open-science calls in the past as well.

With the science wg meetings I always ask people to sign up on the Etherpad
if they are planning to attend rather than asking for apologies (although
sometimes these are given spontaneously anyway), it might be worth trying
that to give you an indication in advance of whether people will show up so
you can decide whether or not to go ahead with the call or reschedule.

Jenny

PS I saw a note on the Etherpad here
http://open-access.okfnpad.org/36about finding for an open science
conference. The Open Science Summit is
coming to the UK in Oct/Nov 2013 and we should make full use of this to
assist with the main programme and organise satellite events - more info
coming soon when the team recovers from the 2012 one and starts planning
the next!