[Open-access] Crowdsourcing request + BMJ OA Policy

Michelle Brook michelle.brook at okfn.org
Sat Mar 22 10:06:02 UTC 2014

Even with comment/outrage from the community, it would still be useful for Creative Commons to make a statement in some of these cases along the lines of:

"This appears to be a misunderstanding of the license".

Even just as a tweet it would be valuable - after all they are the experts. People on this mailing list and others can then have something to use to push harder against publishers.

I think it would mean a lot in a world where lots of academics still don't know much about licensing.