[open-bibliography] Mendeley and open data...

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 30 21:23:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Thomas Krichel <krichel at openlib.org> wrote:

>  Peter Murray-Rust writes
>
> > Mendeley have stated that their data are Open.
>
>   If you don't know where it is available, it's not open.

There is actually very little data anywhere that is formally labelled as
Open according to the OKD. Part of what we are doing is approaching poeple
who want to expose theie data and show them how to make it Open. It's
unclear whether Mendeley actually intend to make their data Open - if they
do, then we'll help advise them what needs to be done - it they don't they
we can highlight that this data is not Open and shouldn't be spoken of as
such.

P.

>  Cheers,
>
>  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel