[open-bibliography] Disambiguation, deduplication and 'ideals'

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Tue Aug 31 10:16:08 UTC 2010

 On 10-08-31 10:54, Ben O'Steen wrote:
> :b1 a Bundle
>
>    sameas :bibrec_i
>    sameas :citerec_I
>    opmv:wasGeneratedBy :p1
>    created: 2010-08-......

I think this is reasoable as far as it goes. What you
haven't treated is how the properties present on
bibrec_i, citerec_i get migrated around.

The OWL rule that we're trying to bypass is,

{ ?x owl:sameAs ?y . ?x ?p ?o } => { ?y ?p ?o }

so do all properties from bibrec_i and citerec_i
get migrated to b1 and then any post-dedup queries
would typically be made against b1?

Also mind the implication of sameas. It commutes
so what you are also saying here is,

    :b1 a Person .
    :bibrec_i a Bundle .
    :citerec_i a Bundle .

So maybe you don't really mean owl:sameAs on the
bundle.

But if you don't mean owl:sameAs there, then where
do you put the properties? (Potential answer: pick
either bibrec_i or citerec_i arbitrarily and have a
specific predicate in the bundle to indicate that it
is the "primary" resource).

Cheers,
-w

--
William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/