[open-bibliography] Extra RDF datatypes

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Tue Nov 16 13:24:33 UTC 2010

* [2010-11-16 11:18:36 +0000] Christopher Gutteridge <cjg at ecs.soton.ac.uk> écrit:

] Something that's been an ongoing issue for us in expressing
] bibliographic data in RDF, often we have fragments of text which contain
] markup mixed with ones that don't. HTML & LaTeX fragments being the most
] common.

Never seen LaTeX fragments personally, but we have run into this
question with http://semantic.ckan.net/ -- the descriptions of things
tend to be in some variant of markdown or restructured text (it might
be some nontrivial amount of work to come up with a taxonomy of all
the different dialects) and this is what gets put into dc:description
for the datasets. I'm not actually certain which flavour of rst is
being used by ckan. In any event this is missing from xtypes though
Fragment-MediawikiMarkup is probably similar or related or similar.

Cheers,
-w

--
William Waites