[open-bibliography] Bibliography to X tool

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 4 06:34:21 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Thomas Krichel <krichel at openlib.org> wrote:

>  Peter Murray-Rust writes
>
> > Can we assert that these records carry an Open licence without
> > restrictions?
>
>   No, but you can ask the institutions that have provided them.

We will where appropriate

>  I can help with contacts.

That's great

But I don't want to do the negociations
>  as I consider them a waste of effort.

I do not regard these as negotiations. If a publishers states that there
bibliography is OKD-compliant then we record it using the IsItOpen service.
If they say no, we concentrate on others

Once you have a service that
>  is used people will be happy to give you their data for free without
>  licensing worries.

I agree. That's why we are starting with the positive ones.

> That is what the experience from RePEc shows.
>  As you can imagine, economists are the hardest people to get
>  something for free from.

Well chemists aren't much better

>  BTW the RePEc data is also freely available.

Free == OKD-compliant?

> I have not
>  copied it to 3lib because I don't think I have enough
>  disk space there.
>
>  Cheers,

We shall wi through

--