[open-bibliography] New BNB sample data available

Young,Jeff (OR) jyoung at oclc.org
Tue Feb 8 17:25:06 UTC 2011

Karen,

Let's use you and I as an example. Assume that this FRBR Event already
exists somewhere, but doesn't have any prefLabel assigned:

ex:World_War_I a frbr:Event ;
	frbr:hasTerm "World War I" ;
	frbr:hasTerm "Great War" ;
	frbr:hasTerm "WWI" .

If you want to assign a prefLabel for your community, you could do so
like this:

karen:ww1 a skos:Concept ;
	skos:inScheme karen:myScheme ;
	skos:prefLabel "World War I" ;
	foaf:focus ex:World_War_I.

I could do the same for my community:

jeff:gw a skos:Concept ;
	skos:inScheme jeff:myScheme ;
	skos:prefLabel "Great War" ;
	foaf:focus ex:World_War_I .

Here is a SPARQL query that would allow your community to determine its
prefLabel for the FRBR Event:

SELECT ?prefLabel
WHERE {
	?concept