[open-bibliography] A 4 star classification-scheme for open cultural meta-data

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Jun 7 09:38:21 UTC 2011

Just to follow up on this, as Karen says, this originated from the
LOD-LAM conference in San Francisco. I don't have enough domain
specific knowledge about how useful this would be for cultural
heritage organisations (what needs it is addressing, etc) - but I'm
pleased to see that it looks like all 4 options are compliant with
OpenDefinition.org.

For anyone who uses Google Docs, there is now a conversation in the
comments thread which has emerged (and which might be of interest to
folks here). For anyone who doesn't use Google Docs, there is now a
copy of the document here:

http://lod-lam.net/summit/2011/06/06/proposed-a-4-star-classification-scheme-for-linked-open-cultural-metadata/

And a response here:

http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/2011/06/06/peter-suber-on-the-4-star-openness-rating/

I will try and ping a few people to see if we can also get a guest
blog about this for the OKF Blog!

All the best,

Jonathan