[open-bibliography] A 4 star classification-scheme for open cultural meta-data

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jun 7 11:38:11 UTC 2011

Karen Coyle wrote:
> The document was created during the LOD-LAM (http://lod-lam.net)
> meeting in San Francisco last week. I could export it, but it's being
> discussed and commented on using the Google Docs comments, and that is
> probably the most interesting part. It is similar to the Open Data
> done by JISC/RL-UK, but simpler. The four stars are: CC-0, CC-BY,
> CC-BY-SA and an added version of CC-BY that can take a particular
> attribution license.

Thanks for the summary.  Mildly concerned that "an added version of
CC-BY" may mean licence proliferation; pretty disappointed that
this is on Google Docs meaning that people who care about service
provider openness are excluded from most of the discussion.

Thanks again,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/