[open-bibliography] University library Darmstadt releases bibliographic data under CC0

Adrian Pohl adrian.pohl at okfn.org
Mon Mar 7 13:25:48 UTC 2011

Hello Jim,

2011/3/4 Jim Pitman <pitman at stat.berkeley.edu>:
> Mathias Schindler <mathias.schindler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.ub.uni-dortmund.de/ubblog/offene-bibliographische-daten
>
> Great to see!  Mathias or Adrian (or other volunteer), please could you could make a brief English translation of the
> appened BLOG post and send to Adrian to post as a news item in the open biblio site?

I'll do this later.

> Do we have a structured list of announcements like this, with dates, organizations, number of records, some description of content?

The open data by Dortmund (not Darmstadt) university library is
another data release by a library from the hbz library network where I
work. We don't collect the announcements but provide descriptions of
the released data here:
https://wiki1.hbz-nrw.de/display/SEM/Recently+published+Open+Data+exports

> We should have a systematic way of maintaining and displaying such a list. I'll be glad to assist with this.

We've already got the bibliographic data group in CKAN which already
provides information about maintainers and could be used to gather
more information: http://ckan.net/group/bibliographic We decided in
the last meeting to somehow integrate it into openbiblio.net...

Cheers
Adrian