[open-bibliography] Fwd: LibraryCloud university of florida

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Mar 21 16:19:34 UTC 2011

Karen Coyle <kcoyle at kcoyle.net> wrote:

> They didn't provide an export because they didn't think it would be
> useful. Some of us have suggested it to them. The export would most
> likely be in MARC format. Should we continue to press them on this?

I definitely think we should encourage all agents releasing data to provide
a dump. This allows others to opportunistically upgrade the data format and
cross link it to other sources.  The value of individual releases may be limited,
but collectively the value should grow.
--Jim

Jim Pitman
Director, Bibliographic Knowledge Network Project
http://www.bibkn.org/

Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California
367 Evans Hall # 3860