[open-bibliography] Wikipedia project: bibliographic-archival data base

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Sep 12 16:46:55 UTC 2011

Adrian, jumping to your conclusion:

> Wikimedia is one of the organizations most interested in open
> bibliographic data. They have very much supported the open
> bibliographic data movement. It is only consequent that they are now
> starting a project like this. We should see how we can cooperate.

I agree. Is there a volunteer on this list willing to act as a point
of contact between OKFN/openbiblio and this effort?
I do have somewhere a list of names of people involved with a currently stalled Wikimedia effort to
provide an adequately structured database of books and articles cited in Wikipedia. I'll be glad to
find the list and share with anyone who has the time to follow up on this.
--Jim