[open-bibliography] getting a personal bib library out

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jan 18 23:40:02 UTC 2012

Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I believe in Bibserver. We are now in a position where every one can "do
> their own thing" and explore what is required for interoperability.

I agree.

> It will be useful to get a large class of users who work in roughly the same field,
> who would like to compare bibliographic notes in the Open and are happy to
> work with a necessarily imperfect system.

I'd like to do this for various groups in the probability community. I can provide a lot of the data myself.
I can also provide a few $K a year to support a SAS BibServer install for the probability community
which I would be glad to oversee editorially, but I need to pay someone to do the sys admin and some hand holding
for setup and customization of the outer layers.

I can also work on getting a Berkeley math and cs bibserver going.

--Jim