[Open-data-census] Census - let's get the world's attention!

Zara Rahman zara.rahman at okfn.org
Tue Jun 11 10:30:01 BST 2013

Hi all,

As you are all aware, we've been having a big push on the Open Data
Census over the last couple of weeks, with the help of our wonderful
community; thank you all! And now we're going to use it to put a *big
international focus on open data*, as G8 representatives are gathering
in Northern Ireland this week.

There's one last task for which we need your help: once the G8 countries
data has been reviewed and verified, we'll be releasing a press release,
and generating media coverage around it. To have a truly international
impact, we would really appreciate your assistance on contacting
newspapers and media outlets in your countries or regions to let them
know the results of the census.

It would be wonderful if you could gather your press contacts, and get
your translation skills ready and primed to go; we can have an early
copy of the press release ready for you by Wednesday June 12, so that
(if you have capacity and wish to) you can translate it ready for
international release, on Thursday June 13, or simply send it out to
media in your country on Thursday.

Our aim is to create as much of an international buzz around this as
possible, and it would be great to really mobilize our international
community around it, and see what we can achieve.

*
****If you would like to receive an early copy of the press release for
translation, **email me today. *Otherwise, you will receive it on
Thursday*******
*

Thanks all- let's get the world's media paying attention to Open Data!

Zara

--

*Zara Rahman*

*International Community Manager ** |@