[Open-data-census] Census - let's get the world's attention!

Pierre Chrzanowski pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:24:06 BST 2013

Hi Oleg, we just started a French translation as well, could you give me
the right to edit your doc so we have the same French version (except local
context) ?
Here is ours
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LLz4UiNFjpGnEK6NE5NwQ6taiM0cm0BBON-5D-Ph-4o/edit?disco=AAAAAF2m6AI#

Thanks

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Oleg Lavrovsky <oleg at utou.ch> wrote:

> Hi Diane,
>
> We didn't manage to organise as quickly as I thought we would, so are only
> getting the translation editing finished now. Here is the link to
> share/copy/comment/ask me for edit permissions if you need.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xA7_iphL6RrxB7GBIcf9YpZum8aZ-QcBWczpPGXy6qA/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Merci et à bientôt
>
> Oleg

> http://twitter.com/loleg  sip:loleg at sip.linphone.org
> skype://dotoleg   http://goo.gl/xb5qq   +41763060739
> Sent with Sparrow <http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig>
>
> On Tuesday, 11 June 2013 at 18:33, Zara Rahman wrote:
>
>  Hi Diane, Oleg and the OKF CH group have kindly offered to do the French
> translation :-)
>
> And the German group have offered to do the German translation - do we
> have anyone for Spanish, or other languages??
>
> Thanks!

> On 06/11/2013 06:32 PM, Diane Mercier wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Rayna: do you plan to do a French translation?
>
> Diane
>
> Le 2013-06-11 05:30, Zara Rahman a écrit :
>

> Hi all,
>

> As you are all aware, we’ve been having a big push on the Open Data Census
> over the last couple of weeks, with the help of our wonderful community; thank
> you all! And now we're going to use it to put a *big international focus
> on open data*, as G8 representatives are gathering in Northern Ireland
> this week.
>
>  There’s one last task for which we need your help: once the G8 countries
> data has been reviewed and verified, we’ll be releasing a press release,
> and generating media coverage around it. To have a truly international
> impact, we would really appreciate your assistance on contacting newspapers
> and media outlets in your countries or regions to let them know the results
> of the census.
>
>  It would be wonderful if you could gather your press contacts, and get
> your translation skills ready and primed to go; we can have an early copy
> of the press release ready for you by Wednesday June 12, so that (if you
> have capacity and wish to) you can translate it ready for international
> release, on Thursday June 13, or simply send it out to media in your
> country on Thursday.
>
>  Our aim is to create as much of an international buzz around this as
> possible, and it would be great to really mobilize our international
> community around it, and see what we can achieve.
>
> *
> ****If you would like to receive an early copy of the press release for
> translation, **email me today. *Otherwise, you will receive it on Thursday
> *****
> *
>
>  Thanks all- let's get the world's media paying attention to Open Data!
>

> Zara
>

> --
>
> *Zara Rahman*

> [...]

*Pierre Chrzanowski*
// Skype: pierre.chrzanowski // Twitter : piezanowski