[Open-data-census] Census almost finalized

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Mon Oct 21 11:31:46 BST 2013

Hi Pierre,

We need to finalise the results today really - we are reviewing at the
moment but if you can help that would be great. However we don't have this
week - we have little time!

Laura

On 21 October 2013 11:26, Pierre Chrzanowski
<pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Christian, All, good to hear we are almost done,
> when are you planning to communicate to us the press release so that we
> can have translation ready for the 28th as well ?
>
> Also, I just had a quick look to the results and I found that many
> positive responses for the Gov Spending Data does not comply with the
> definition of "spending data at a detailed transactional level".
>
> I can find time help to review this in the week but with 80 countries to
> look at and languages barriers, I think that would be also good for
> countries contributors and reviewers to check again the entries for that
> particular dataset in accordance with the definition.
>
> All the best
>
> Pierre
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Christian Villum <
> christian.villum at okfn.org> wrote:
>
>> Dear Census Editor community,
>>
>> After a lot of hard work from everyone involved *we're now nearing the
>> climax, where the Census is fully up to date* and we'll make a snapshot
>> to use as base for an announcement in a press release in the week leading
>> up to the Open Government Partnership Summit in London on Oct 31-Nov 1.
>>
>> This press release will be sent out under embargo to the press this week
>> - due for public release on October 28. We'd love to *work with you to
>> help ensure this gets the most attention worldwide*. Get in touch with
>> census at okfn.org if you'd like to work with us on getting press attention
>> and we can help you with all the materials and some guidance on how to
>> engage with media.
>>
>> The press release will link to a new, separate and static page titled the
>> Open Data Index. Please note we will *keep quiet about this publicly
>> until the launch on the 28th so please hold off on tweeting, blogging etc
>> until then, so that we can make the biggest impact with the results.*
>>
>> Thanks for all your work and do get in touch if you have questions or *last
>> minute revisions or amendments* (we're currently going through
>> everything, so please ping us first if you would like to make changes - so
>> we know where and why).
>>
>> -Christian
>>
>> --
>>
>> Christian Villum
>>
>> Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
>> skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
>> The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>
>> *Empowering through Open Knowledge
>> *http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |
>> Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |  Newsletter<http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>
>>

> --
> *Pierre Chrzanowski*
> *Open Knowledge Foundation France*
>
> Mail: pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com
> Mobile: +33 (0)7 855 71 292 | Skype: pierre.chrzanowski | Twitter:
> @piezanowski <https://twitter.com/piezanowski>

*

Dr Laura James

CEO  | skype: laura.james  |  @LaurieJ <https://twitter.com/LaurieJ>