[Open-data-census] Gov Spending Data

Charlie Abela charlie.abela at um.edu.mt
Tue Oct 22 07:45:32 BST 2013

Yeah I got that. I found some information re quarterly expenditure,
month by month for Malta. I updated the census data. Pls review to
verify whether its in line with the category.

On 22/10/2013 08:22, Pierre Chrzanowski wrote:
> Hi Charlie, the definition given by the Open Data Census is the following
>
> /Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed
> transactional level, that is at the level of month to month government
> expenditure on specific items (as an example, we would anticipate
> seeing many individual records of spending amounts under $1m or even
> under $100k). (Note: just a database of contracts awarded or similar
> is *not* sufficient. This requires detailed ongoing data on *actual*
> expenditure)/
>

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Charlie Abela
> <charlie.abela at um.edu.mt <mailto:charlie.abela at um.edu.mt>> wrote:
>
>     Can someone explain what is meant by spending data in this context?
>     Does it refer to Government's on going revenue and expenditure?

>     On 22/10/2013 01:18, Pierre Chrzanowski wrote:
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     I just reviewed Spending Data for countries with a score above
>>     40%, excluded the ones Graeme did.
>>
>>     Here is my reviewing report :
>>
>>     *Correct entries:*
>>     US, Brazil, Moldova, Russian Federation,
>>
>>     *Budget expenditure plan data not spending data:*
>>     Malta, Nepal, Serbia, Lithuania, Slovakia
>>
>>     *Not transactionnal data but aggregated spending data:*
>>     Switzerland, Ireland, Ecuador, Poland, Romania, Korea
>>
>>     *Cannot review:*
>>     Singapore (missing link), Greece (under an API), Bulgaria (cannot
>>     find information on data with the link provided).
>>
>>     Let we know if we still have time to review those equal or below
>>     40% tomorrow.
>>
>>     Pierre
>>

>>     On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Graeme Jones <jonesiom at gmail.com
>>     <mailto:jonesiom at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         Similar to Pierre, I researched and reviewed 15 English
>>         language offshore jurisdictions but only 1 of the 15 had
>>         detailed monthly information or any detailed information.
>>
>>         Graeme Jones
>>         Isle of Man Country Editor
>>

>>             Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:26:28 +0200
>>             From: Pierre Chrzanowski <pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com
>>             <mailto:pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com>>
>>             Subject: Re: [Open-data-census] Census almost finalized
>>             To: Christian Villum <christian.villum at okfn.org
>>             <mailto:christian.villum at okfn.org>>
>>             Cc: open-data-census <open-data-census at lists.okfn.org
>>             <mailto:open-data-census at lists.okfn.org>>
>>             <CAB-gMssXqhpbGTn7DdN6poPzw4886zy3K+X7L7eJMi7s14hN_g at mail.gmail.com
>>             <mailto:CAB-gMssXqhpbGTn7DdN6poPzw4886zy3K%2BX7L7eJMi7s14hN_g at mail.gmail.com>>

>>             Also, I just had a quick look to the results and I found
>>             that many positive
>>             definition of "spending data at a detailed transactional
>>             level".
>>
>>             Pierre

>>     --
>>     *Pierre Chrzanowski*
>>     *Open Knowledge Foundation France*
>>
>>     Mail: pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com
>>     <mailto:pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com>
>>     Mobile: +33 (0)7 855 71 292
> [...]

Assistant Lecturer,
Level 1, Block A, Rm 7,
Department of Intelligent Computer Systems,
Faculty of ICT,
University of Malta,
MSD 2080, Msida, Malta.
Tel: +356 2340-2027