[Open-data-census] We launched the Belgian 'Local Data Census' Public Consultation

Pieter-Jan Pauwels pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org
Thu Aug 21 13:46:25 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce that today, we announced the three week public consultation for the Belgian Local Data Census.
After discussing the datasets in a small group during one of our events, we gathered 26 potential new datasets that apply to local governments in Belgium.

Now we want to involve everyone online in choosing which datasets seem the most interesting to include in this local government census.
Even you can decide on: http://www.allourideas.org/localdatacensus-be. Pick of the 2 proposed datasets, if you don’t see one that you like, propose a new one with a short description!

The blogpost that explains our approach to choosing the right datasets is on: http://openbelgium.be/2014/08/choose-local-open-data-with-us/

Tell us what think! Do you think this is the right approach, or would you do it in another way?
We’re always open to feedback.

Kind regards,
Pieter-Jan

Pieter-Jan Pauwels Community Coordinator , OKFN Belgium
pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org | http://okfn.be/