[Open-data-census] Fwd: [OKFN-Local-Coord] Local Open Data Census questions

Charalampos Bratsas charalampos.bratsas at okfn.org
Fri Feb 21 11:36:48 UTC 2014

oops!!
FWD in the correct mailing list  :)

-------- ?????? ?????? --------
????: 	[OKFN-Local-Coord] Local Open Data Census questions
??????????: 	Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:27:20 +0200
???: 	Charalampos Bratsas <charalampos.bratsas at okfn.org>
????: 	okfn-local-coord at lists.okfn.org, Christian Villum
<christian.villum at okfn.org>

Hi Christian, all

We worked with the Open Data Census and we have a few questions.

1) About the "Bulk" column. Data that is available probably through a
web form is not a bulk dataset. But what happens with datasets which are
divided in months or years and you cannot download all of them with one
click? Can we say that this is bulk or not?

2) About the "real time transmit". Do we want data only from public
transport or also for vehicles of municipality such as garbage truck?

3) About "Transport Timetables". In big cities there are more than one
mean of trasport. For instance, the subway, bus, etc. What will we do if
we have available data only for one of them?

4) In Greece there are detailed stats about the traffic accidents and
crime incidents via the Hellenic police.

Those data though are not available in the level of each city but in the
level of Police regional or local departments. Usually the areas that
these departments are responsible for include a major city plus a number
of smaller urban areas nearby the main city. Our question is if we can
assume that those statistics / open data sets are related to the each
major city?

Regards

Charalampos

--