[Open-data-census] opendata census for the region in italy

Maurizio Napolitano maurizio.napolitano at okfn.org
Fri Feb 21 14:09:22 UTC 2014

Hi all
In Italy we want to activate the census-level regions.
For this reason it is necessary to understand the dataset pertaining to
this institutional level.
This is a good approach if we refer to the area as an institution and
not as a geographical area.
If we go to the level of geographical area, i have the fear, that the
concept of ownership of the data will be divided between too many actors.

I also have another question:
i read "country code" this mean some data like
"IT","UK","DK","DE"ecc..
like in this image
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Europe_ISO_3166-1.svg
or it's better a notation more complete like this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1#Current_codes
and, in the case for regions (or cities), which code we can plan to use?