[Open-data-census] A different type of city census

Noel Hidalgo noel at beta.nyc
Fri Nov 7 17:07:30 UTC 2014

clkao,

I see back in July you wrote about a different type of City Census. How is
that going?

Here in NYC, we are thinking of extending the City Census to ask the
following questions. This would be part of a program to find 100 NYC open
data users and explore the issues they have. If you've GovLab's Open Data
500, this is a similar vein...

For now, these are the questions we are developing.

   -

   Are State Authorities, State Agencies, or City Agencies that produce
   data on their website that doesn't make it to the City’s portal?
   -

      If so, what is the state of that data?
      -

   Is the data on the City’s portal up to date?
   -

   Does the data have a properly formatted address field and columns?
   -

   Does the dataset have Lat, Lon?
   -

   Does the data have an independant, combined lat/lon field?
   -

   Date, time stamp of record?
   -

   Date, time stamp of entry?
   -

   If it is a citation or violations dataset, does it have proper cause or
   offence?
   -

   API accessible?
   - Is there a data standard for such data and is in that standard?